Here we go. As promised, one hundred things to sum up (ha ha... 'sum up') what I done been doin' while on my blogging hiatus.
1. Family 'Christmas' party at a hotel in March
2. Fun talk time with nieces
3. Impromptu guitar lesson with a nephew
4. Sleeping in a surprisingly, decadently comfortable hotel bed
5. Pool time
6. Miss Peaches' first accidental dunking underwater... she came up snorting and laughing
7. Life jacket boldness
8. My niece's baby's (is that my grand-niece? great-niece?) first time in the pool
9. Good times
10. Looking at some ponies
11. While looking at said ponies, being surrounded by an unexpected variety of birds
14. Guinea Fowl
16. Other unidentified fowl
17. Fourteen different kinds of bird poop on my shoe
18. Deciding not to buy said ponies
19. Music, music, guitar, piano, music, glorious music
21. Singing for church and the entire Easter preparation and service = blessing
22. Resurrection eggs
23. The following conversation about Jesus after talking about His painful death
Miss Peaches: Mom, why did Jesus have to die?
Me: He died to cover our sins, and now He is in heaven.
Miss Peaches: I want to see Jesus.
Me: I want to see Him too. What do you think He looks like? Do you think He's beautiful?
Miss Peaches (very solemn): Yeah.
...pause for reflection...
Little Blue Eyes: I think He's hairy.
24. Realizing I did not take a. single. picture. of my kids in their Easter outfits
25. Easter breakfast at church = mmmmm
26. Easter lunch at my sister-in-law's house = more mmmmmm
27. Easter snacks and dessert at my sister's house = pretty sure I gained five pounds in one day
28. Jack's lambs
29. Stand-off with a mama sheep
Mama sheep: You move.
Me: No, you move.
Mama sheep: Move.
Me: YOU move. Actually, don't move. Hold still while I take your picture.
30. Soaking up the beauty of our family farm
31. Soaking up the cuteness
33. Sleepiness, aaaaand a personal hygiene moment caught on camera
34. Getting past the silliness and sleepiness for a quick family photo
35. Easter egg hunt
36. Easter egg coloring
37. Easter egg dipping
38. Beating my nephews at paddle ball
39. Visiting Uncle Knute
40. Eye check-up
41. Embarking upon being a contact lens wearer once again (Dailies work for me! Hurrah!)
42. Spending about seventeen hours picking out a new pair of glasses
43. Eventually picking out bamboo glasses
44. Dental check-up
45. Teeth cleaning for kids
46. Cavity filling for me, which led to...
47. Root canal (on my birthday!)
48. Crown (next Monday)
49. Current state of having a stump where my tooth should be
50. Talking Mr. Blue Eyes off a ledge, after he was worried he would lose his job because we haven't gotten any rain
52. Lots of rain
54. Standing in our shed during a rain/wind storm, thinking it was pretty mundane, only to go in the house later and hear that there had been tornados in our area
55. Angel food birthday cake, made by my super-husband
56. Dancing in the living room
57. Receiving tomato seed packets in the mail, along with garlic, shallots and onion sets
58. Family fun with Mr. Blue Eyes family (I didn't take any photos... can any of you send me some?)
59. Meeting our nephew, baby 'C', for the first time
60. Going to the park to see waterfalls, embarking upon a little hike, winding up at the playground, hiking back to where we were parked, which was uphill, pushing a stroller, at about 4:00 in the afternoon, when I struggle with low blood sugar if I don't eat something
61. Pep talk to myself not to pass out
62. Asking my a big, strapping nephew to push stroller for me
63. NOT passing out = good
64. Kids wrapping up some toys in blankies and presenting them to me as birthday presents
65. A birthday nap
66. The following conversation
Miss Peaches: Mom, guess what is in the bag I 'brought home from the store' (pretend).
I proceeded to guess about thirty different things in the following manner...
Me: Ummm, gummy bears?
Miss Peaches: No.
Me: Ummm, grapes?
Miss Peaches: No.
Me: Ummm, potato chips?
Miss Peaches: No.
(and on and on and on)
Finally, she says: Mom, can you guess strawberries this time?
Me: Okay. Strawberries?
Miss Peaches: No.
67. Electricity on house going out
68. Calling electric company because electricity is out, blah blah blah... Long story short, after several servicemen are involved, we find out that some electrical wires outside the house in our off-peak box got too hot and burned up. Good news = we're not responsible for fixing; bad news = house could've burned down; best news = house did not burn down
69. Experimentation with making homemade refried beans... success!
70. Refried beans lead to dreams of becoming a burrito broker
71. Becoming texters
72. Living in the honeymoon phase of texting... 'Love u' 'You look cute today' 'Miss you' 'Come home soon?' and so on and so on... Who knew texting would further the romance in a marriage?
73. Perusing options for a new camera
74. Persuading myself to get a new camera
75. Persuading myself NOT to get a new camera
76. Making some big decisions
77. Making some changes
78. Committing to a career change and starting my own business (more on this later...)
79. Watching God help me close a door, only to open another one
80. Pondering and praising God's faithfulness
81. Heaven is for Real
82. Listing relentlessly to Kari Jobe
83. Getting food poisoning
84. Getting bit by TWO wood ticks
85. Horse sale
86. Hand-me-down cowgirl gear
87. Falling in love
88. Heartbreak when we didn't get the bid on the sweet little black pony
89. Heart palpitations when we DID get the bid on the portly little paint pony
90. Even greater heart palpitations when our new pony had an anxiety attack in the horse trailer
91. Remembering that I know a little somethin' about training horses, and having fun working with our new pony
92. Fearing that Little Blue Eyes is allergic to horses
93. Celebrating the life of my uncle, Vernon, and attending his funeral
94. Commenting how funerals are sort of becoming like 'dates' for Mr. Blue Eyes and I... about the only time we go out to eat without the kids
95. Catching an escaped pony
96. Putting up horse fence on a cool day
97. Patting myself on the back when pony stays in containment
98. Putting a heating pad on my back from hours of horse fencing
99. Working on new songs for church
100. Laughing at with Mr. Blue Eyes when he hears a Marvin Gaye song and says, "What's that guy's name? Melvin Gray?"
I think that should get you up to speed on what's going on around here. What's new with YOU?!?