I think I'm going to officially call this the 'summer of crazy'.
Why, you ask?
Because it's been crazy.
You didn't think you could get rid of me that easy, did you?
So, the crazy... the why...
Well, just in the last ten days I have...
1. taken our sweet Daisy (the puppy mama) into the vet for an injury (sore on her back left side... don't know how/why), while at the same time being informed that my sweet hubby acquired a 3 inch cut on his head while at work (thankfully both of them are recovering superbly!)
2. taken 5 puppies in for their vet checks
3. sold 5 puppies and actually sent 2 of them off with their new owners (the other 3 are going this week)
4. fielded about a bazillion phone calls/emails/texts about said puppies
5. been impacted by the emotional toll of selling our puppies... we have had every intention of selling them from the get-go, but to actually come to this point, where we are sending off our little babes, our very first litter, in whom we have invested so much time, love and effort, is really bittersweet... they've become a part of our family these last months
6. thrown a birthday party for fifty people
(actually it was a birthday party for ONE person, Miss Peaches, but Mr. Blue Eyes' whole family was in town so the guest list was around fifty)
7. spent several days of fun time with Mr. Blue Eyes family
8. been puked on
9. held my sick baby
10. snuggled my sick kiddos
11. cleaned up puke on the bathroom floor
12. diffused copious amounts of thieves oil
(hand, foot and mouth disease anyone? no? that's what I said too... yet here we are)
That's just the last ten days... The rest of the time I've been trying to teach my kids good habits for keeping things clean (the house, their rooms, their clothes, teeth, etc...), shuttling puppies in and out the door, lifting an 18-month-old off of various types of furniture, making a feeble attempt at weeding the garden, and running my two little business enterprises. The other day I seriously wanted to lay on our bed and drape my hand across my head in a dramatic fashion, wave my white flag and surrender.
But I have been reminded several times since that moment that doubt, stress, or even failure don't mean that you give up and give in... They just mean that you learn lessons from each situation and keep trusting in the Lord to lead you on. And I have to say God has been so faithful to answer our prayers, even in the seemingly 'little' things, like getting all our puppies sold and giving us beautiful summer weather. We are thankful!
But I think that one was implied already.
What has summer brought your way?